Beschreibung

Rants about Wargames, Photography and whatever else strikes my fancy

Friday, October 26, 2012

Tried Diablo 3 again, got fed up in 10 seconds flat

I tried to play Diablo 3 again. I quite enjoyed my first playthrough, but the always online thingy annoyed me.
So I try to log in and what happens: Error 3 Login Information incorrect.
After 2 1/2 hours later I had set up another admin account for my PC, had changed my password, deleted my cache multiple times, even trawled Blizzards annoying ticket system. (No, if I write "Problem with login" i do not mean "I can't take part in a promotion")
I decided to do post on the forums. Could not log in. Then I tried to detach my Authenticator. Didn't work via the account. Finally I managed to do it via phone.

And suddenly I could log into the game! I chose my Barbarian Korgar, ran into some sewers and shreddered my way through a bunch of snakemen. As I lept into a group of enemies, axes swinging wildly, the old Diablo feeling was establishing itself. I dropped to 30% health and Revenge popped up. I pressed the hotkey to use it and heal my self up and mighty Korgar ... stood there. Just stood there, while nothing happened for a second.
Then another one.
Then he keeled over and died, slain by lag. Tadadada!

Let's have a hurray for forced online play!
Hip, hip, fuck you, Blizzard!


At that point I shrugged quit the game, loaded up the next episode of Doctor Who and started painting my next Freebooter Amazon.

Be aware, be safe. Don't let a pile of cruiseships fall on you.
Fenris

No comments:

Post a Comment